- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pound medium raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups artichoke hearts
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic; saute until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add shrimp, lemon zest, and lemon juice; saute until shrimp turn opaque, about 2 minutes.
- Stir chicken broth, basmati rice, butter, and salt into the skillet. Reduce heat to low; simmer until rice absorbs broth, about 15 minutes. Add artichokes on top; simmer until heated through, about 5 minutes. Spread spinach and green onion over artichokes. Cook until spinach wilts, 3 to 5 minutes; fold into the rice mixture.
One-Skillet Shrimp and Rice with Spinach and Artichokes, recipe