- 4 pounds lamb ribs
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 onion, quartered
- 2 small tomatoes, quartered
- 2 small thin-skinned sweet peppers, cored and seeded
- 1 cup finely chopped parsley
- 9 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- Wash ribs thoroughly. Soak in a large bowl of water, changing the water every 30 minutes, to remove excess fat, about 2 hours. Drain and pat dry with paper towels.
- Mix lemon juice, molasses, vinegar, mustard, ketchup, cinnamon, curry powder, cumin, salt, and pepper in a large, deep bowl.
- Combine onion, tomatoes, sweet peppers, parsley, garlic, and cayenne pepper in a food processor; pulse to form a paste.
- Stir onion paste into the lemon juice mixture in the bowl. Add lamb ribs; turn to coat. Cover with plastic wrap. Marinate in the refrigerator, at least 10 hours.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil and set a rack on top. Arrange ribs on the rack.
- Bake ribs in the preheated oven until fat has rendered and meat is tender, 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Cover ribs with aluminum foil and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
oven-roasted lamb ribs, recipe