- 1 (16 ounce) package seashell pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced (optional)
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Oil a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente. Drain.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook onion in oil until soft, then add garlic and red and green peppers. Stir in jalapeno, if desired. Continue cooking for 2 more minutes. Stir in tomatoes and garbanzo beans. Season with basil, oregano, paprika, cumin, coriander, and salt and pepper. Simmer with 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in pasta. Transfer to prepared baking dish, and top with cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Pasta and Bean Casserole, recipe