- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg, or more to taste (optional)
- Fry bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain some of the drippings from the skillet. Cook and stir garlic with the bacon until garlic is tender, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir tomatoes, salt, and pepper into bacon mixture; simmer for 15 minutes. Pour vodka over bacon mixture; simmer until sauce is slightly reduced, 15 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta at a boil, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, 8 to 10 minutes; drain and transfer pasta to a serving bowl.
- Stir cream into vodka sauce and simmer until heated through, about 5 minutes. Toss penne and vodka sauce together until coated; sprinkle with nutmeg.
Penne Alla Vodka, recipe