- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- Place red bell pepper, carrots, and onion in a food processor and blend until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease. Stir vegetable mixture into ground beef; cook and stir until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Mix tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, and molasses into ground beef mixture; cook and stir until heated through and slightly thickened, 5 to 7 minutes. Spread sloppy joe mixture into each bun using a slotted spoon.
Picky-Eater Sloppy Joes, recipe