- 2 (.25 ounce) packages active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup butter
- 10 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 10 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes. Warm the milk in a small saucepan until it bubbles, then remove from heat. Mix in 1 cup butter until melted. Let cool until lukewarm.
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs and 1 1/2 cups sugar. Mix in the nutmeg, orange extract, vanilla extract, and the yeast mixture. Stir in 3 cups flour and the salt. Stir in 1/3 of the milk mixture. Mix in the remaining flour and milk mixture in two alternating additions. Cover bowl, and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- In a small bowl, prepare the topping by cutting together 1/2 cup butter and 2/3 cups sugar until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease 3 10-inch Bundt pans.
- Divide dough into the prepared pans, and sprinkle with the topping mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
polish coffee cake, recipe