- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) pork tenderloin, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 (19 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 3 chorizo sausages, cut into 1/2 inch thick pieces
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat, stir in garlic and onion, and cook a few minutes until the onion softens and turns translucent. Remove the onion, and place into a saucepan. Pour the remaining 1 tablespoon vegetable oil into the skillet, and place over medium-high heat. Add cubed pork, and cook until well browned.
- Meanwhile, pour 3/4 of the black beans along with 1/4 cup water into the bowl of a blender, and pulse until finely chopped, but not quite smooth. Pour whole beans and bean puree into saucepan along with pork cubes, chicken stock, chorizo, and bay leaves. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer 30 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper before serving.
Pork and Black Bean Stew, recipe