- 1 small potato, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup sweet corn kernels
- 2 tablespoons sofrito
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (12 ounce) can corned beef
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Add potato and cook uncovered until slightly tender, about 5 minutes. Drain in a colander.
- Heat oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add drained potatoes, corn, sofrito, and garlic; cook and stir until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Add tomato sauce, oregano, and bay leaf; cook and stir until flavors combine, 2 to 3 minutes. Add water and bring mixture to a boil. Lower heat to medium-low; stir in corned beef. Cook until heated through, 6 to 8 minutes.
Puerto Rican Canned Corned Beef Stew, recipe