- 4 cups chopped zucchini
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup water
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup coarsely crushed cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon egg, slightly beaten
- Place the zucchini and onion in a pot with the water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer 15 minutes, until tender. Drain, cool, and mash. Mix in 2 tablespoons butter, horseradish, salt, and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 1 quart baking dish.
- Melt remaining 3 tablespoons butter in a saucepan over medium heat, and stir in the cracker crumbs until golden brown.
- Mix the egg into the mashed zucchini mixture. Scoop the into the prepared baking dish, and top with the cracker crumbs mixture.
- Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until topping is crisp.
Puffed-Up Zucchini, recipe