- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 slices Canadian bacon, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 3 tablespoons grated onion
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup biscuit baking mix (such as Bisquick®)
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 1 prepared 9-inch single pie crust
- 1 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and cook and stir asparagus until tender, about 10 minutes. Season with a pinch of salt.
- Stir Canadian bacon, grated onion, and garlic into the asparagus; cook and stir until the garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute. Remove skillet from heat, cover, and set aside.
- Whisk eggs, cream, biscuit mix, butter, Parmesan cheese, Dijon mustard, 1/2 teaspoon salt, black pepper, and hot sauce together in a bowl.
- Place the pie crust into a 9-inch pie dish; spread asparagus mixture into the crust.
- Spread Colby-Monterey Jack cheese over the asparagus mixture in an even layer, and pour the egg mixture slowly over the quiche.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the filling is lightly puffed and browned and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 40 minutes.
Quiche a la Benedict, recipe