- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup whole almonds
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, or to taste (optional)
- Bring the quinoa and water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the quinoa is tender and the water has been absorbed, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the diced sweet potatoes into a saucepan, and pour in 1/4-inch of water. Cover, and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Steam until the sweet potatoes are just slightly tender, about 10 minutes. While the potatoes are steaming, heat the canola oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir the onion and broccoli until the onion is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Once the potatoes have finished steaming, add them to the broccoli mixture, and season with garlic powder. Continue cooking until the potatoes have cooked to your desired degree of doneness, about 5 minutes. Stir the broccoli mixture together with the cooked quinoa and almonds. Season to taste with soy sauce if desired to serve.
Quinoa with Sweet Potatoes and Broccoli, recipe