- 2 eggplants, halved lengthwise
- 1 head garlic
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup tahini
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 ounce pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Arrange eggplants, cut-side up, on a baking sheet.
- Cut about 1/4 inch off the top portion of the garlic, exposing the cloves. Place garlic on a sheet of aluminum foil and wrap foil around garlic, sealing the edges together.
- Roast the eggplant and garlic in the preheated oven until tender, about 45 minutes; remove from oven and cool to room temperature.
- Scoop the flesh from the roasted eggplant and put in a food processor. Remove roasted garlic cloves from the peels and add to food processor. Add yogurt, parsley, tahini, salt, and pepper to food processor; blend until spread is smooth. Transfer spread to a serving bowl.
- Cook and stir pine nuts in a skillet over medium heat until toasted and fragrant, 3 to 4 minutes. Top spread with toasted pine nuts.
Roasted Eggplant, Tahini, and Yogurt Spread, recipe