- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups very ripe, mashed bananas
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup light butter, at room temperature
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F (135 degrees C). Spread the pecans onto a baking sheet, and toast until the nuts start to turn golden brown and become fragrant, about 45 minutes. Watch the nuts carefully as they bake, they burn quickly. Once toasted, set the nuts aside to cool to room temperature.
- Raise the oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray 2 mini loaf pans with cooking spray.
- Combine the toasted pecans, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. In a large bowl, mix the bananas, sugar, eggs, vanilla and coconut extracts, lemon juice, and butter together with a fork or an electric mixer on low speed. Stir the flour mixture into the banana mixture, and pour the batter into the prepared loaf pans, filling them about 3/4 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a loaf comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Let the loaves cool in the pans for 5 minutes before turning out onto a rack to finish cooling. Wrap cooled loaves in plastic wrap.
Roasted Pecan Banana Bread Loaves, recipe