- 2 tablespoons whole black peppercorns
- 1 gallon water
- 1 cup kosher salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 jalapeno peppers, thinly sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- Place peppercorns in a plastic bag and seal. Crush peppercorns on a work surface using a rolling pin.
- Combine water, crushed peppercorns, salt, brown sugar, honey, maple syrup, white sugar, jalapeno peppers, garlic, and onion powder in a large bowl; stir until sugars and salt dissolve completely.
salmon brine that's oh-so-fine, recipe