- 18 ounces dry lentils
- water to cover
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 1 large red onion, grated
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 teaspoons dried Greek oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Place lentils in a medium saucepan, cover with water, and bring to a boil. Boil for 10 minutes, drain well, and add to the slow cooker.
- Combine olive oil, carrots, red onion, tomato paste, garlic, oregano, bay leaves, salt, and pepper in the slow cooker and cover with about 6 to 7 cups of water. Cook on Low until lentils are soft, 6 to 8 hours.
Slow Cooker Mediterranean Lentil Soup, recipe