- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound venison stew meat
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (16 ounce) package uncooked egg noodles
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Toss the cubed venison with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Cook the venison in the hot oil until browned on all sides, about 8 minutes. Once browned, remove from the skillet and place into a slow cooker, leaving the remaining oil in the skillet.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, and stir the flour into the remaining olive oil. Cook and stir until the flour has turned golden brown, about 5 minutes. Stir in the water and bring to a simmer, then pour into the slow cooker along with the cream of mushroom soup. Cover, and cook on Low for 4 hours, or until the venison is tender.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the egg noodles, and cook until al dente, 8 to 10 minutes; drain. Spoon the Stroganoff over the egg noodles to serve.
Slow Cooker Venison Stroganoff Meal, recipe