- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen peas
- 1 (1 pound) package smoked sausage, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 (15 ounce) can yellow corn, drained
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle chili sauce
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Bring a pot of water to boil; cook peas in the boiling water until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Drain.
- Mix peas, sausage, corn, chili sauce, onion, basil, black pepper, and 1 3/4 cup Cheddar cheese together in a 3-quart casserole dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until casserole is bubbling, 30 to 40 minutes. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese over casserole and bake until cheese is melted, about 5 more minutes.
Smoked Sausage Casserole, recipe