- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) package vegetarian burger crumbles
- 1 teaspoon browning sauce (such as Kitchen Bouquet®)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chopped chipotle chile in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Cook and stir onion in hot oil until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir burger crumbles and browning sauce with the onion until onion and crumbles are coated with sauce; add stewed tomatoes, vegetable broth, chili beans, tomato sauce, tomato paste, chipotle chili, and salt.
- Bring mixture to a low boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook until the tomatoes and beans are softened, 15 to 20 minutes.
Smoky Vegan Chili, recipe