- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon diced garlic
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce (such as Mae Ploy®)
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger root
- 1 (2 pound) beef skirt steak
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Whisk hoisin sauce, brown sugar, rice vinegar, garlic, chili sauce, and ginger together in a bowl until marinade is smooth; pour into a resealable plastic bag. Add skirt steak, coat with marinade, squeeze out excess air, and seal the bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours.
- Remove steak from the marinade and shake off excess. Discard remaining marinade.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Cook steak until it starts to firm and is reddish-pink and juicy in the center, 6 to 8 minutes per side. Sprinkle blue cheese over the steak and cook until cheese just starts to melt, 2 to 3 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of the steak should read 130 degrees F (54 degrees C).
Soft Steak (Marinated Skirt Steak with Bleu Cheese), recipe