- 1 large spaghetti squash, halved and seeded
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 slices bacon, diced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 large egg yolks
- 3 sprigs fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Place squash, cut side up, on a baking sheet.
- Bake squash in the preheated oven until tender, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Scoop out flesh and shred squash into strands using a fork.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; cook and stir bacon in the hot oil until browned and cooked through, 5 to 10 minutes. Add shredded squash; cook and stir until squash is softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir tomato, salt, and pepper into squash mixture; remove skillet from heat.
- Stir egg yolks into squash mixture, without letting the egg yolks touch the skillet, until mixture is creamy. Transfer squash carbonara to a serving bowl; garnish with basil sprigs.
Spaghetti Carbonara (Paleo Style), recipe