- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons tequila (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 tilapia fillets
- Combine the shallots, garlic, oregano, sugar, olive oil, vinegar, lime juice, tequila, salt, and pepper in a gallon-sized sealable bag; shake to combine. Add the tilapia to the mixture and store in the refrigerator 2 to 4 hours, turning every 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and prepare the surface with cooking spray.
- Arrange the fish on the prepared baking sheet. Discard remaining marinade.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the fish flakes easily with a fork, about 10 minutes.
Summertime Tilapia, recipe