- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large zucchini, cubed
- 2 medium yellow squash, cut in one-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans chopped canned tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 cups crushed crackers
- 1 1/4 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) package shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease a large casserole dish.
- Place the ground pork in a large skillet and cook over medium heat, stirring to crumble, until evenly browned. Remove meat from skillet with a slotted spoon, reserving drippings, and place in a bowl. Add the onion and bell pepper to the skillet, and cook over medium heat until translucent and tender. Place in bowl with the ground pork.
- Add the olive oil to the same large skillet, swirling to coat pan. Stir in zucchini, yellow squash, and garlic; cook over medium heat until tender, about 4 minutes. Mix in the tomatoes, parsley, oregano, salt, and pepper; simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes. Stir in the sausage and onions; simmer 5 minutes more.
- Mix the cracker crumbs and Parmesan cheese together in a bowl. Set aside.
- Spread half the vegetable-sausage mixture over the bottom of the prepared dish. Sprinkle with the mozzarella. Spread remaining vegetable sausage mixture over the cheese. Top evenly with the cracker crumb and Parmesan cheese mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven until top is golden brown, about 30 minutes.
summery ratatouille, recipe