- 2 sweet potato, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder, or to taste
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Place potatoes in two separate saucepans and cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then turn heat to medium-low. Cover, and cook until tender but still firm, 12 to 14 minutes for sweet potatoes, and 10 to 12 minutes for white potatoes. Drain and place in a large mixing bowl. Sprinkle with vinegar, and cool.
- To make the dressing, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, and curry powder in a small bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Mix the green onions, celery, and cilantro with the potatoes. Pour the dressing over the potato mixture, and toss to evenly coat vegetables. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving to let flavors blend.
Sweet Potato-White Potato Salad, recipe