- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease or line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Beat cake mix, eggs, water, and canola oil together in a bowl using a hand mixer on medium speed until smooth, about 2 minutes. Add pumpkin and beat until batter is smooth; pour into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean, 18 to 20 minutes. Place cupcakes on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Beat cream cheese and butter together in a bowl using an electric mixer until smooth; add vanilla extract and beat until smooth. Beat confectioners' sugar, 1/4 cup at a time, into cream cheese mixture until frosting is smooth and creamy. Refrigerate frosting until chilled, at least 30 minutes.
- Spread frosting onto cupcakes and refrigerate frosted cupcakes until chilled, at least 1 hour.
Sweet Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting, recipe