- 4 pounds round steak
- 4 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 1/3 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 1/3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 pinches salt
- 1 teaspoon dry Italian-style salad dressing mix
- 1 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Cut meat into strips no thicker than 1/4 inch. In a large bowl, mix together onion powder, pepper, garlic powder, salt and Italian seasoning. Stir in Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce and pepper sauce. Place meat into a container, and combine with marinade. Cover, and refrigerate 24 hours.
- Place oven rack on the highest level. Place aluminum foil on bottom of oven to catch drips. Preheat oven to 150 degrees F (65 degrees C).
- Insert round toothpicks through the tops of the strips of meat, and hang them from the oven rack. Bake in preheated oven for 4 hours, or until dried to desired consistency.
T Bird's Beef Jerky, recipe