- 2 (9 inch) deep dish frozen pie crusts, thawed
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 large tomato, diced
- sour cream
- black olives
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bake pie crusts following package directions, but cutting the bake time in half.
- In a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat, cook the ground beef until evenly brown; drain excess fat.
- Place half the refried beans in each pie shell, smearing over the bottom and the sides of the partially baked shells. Spread a layer of ground meat over the beans, and top with the onion, crushed tortilla chips, and cheese.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown, and the cheese is bubbly. Top with lettuce, tomato, sour cream, and black olives.
Taco Pies, recipe