- 1 (15 ounce) package frozen pie crust
- 3 (3.5 ounce) links hot Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup pesto
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 2 small zucchinis, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Remove pie crust from the freezer.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage. Cook, breaking up the sausage, until juices are released, about 3 minutes. Add red onion, red bell pepper, and garlic; cook and stir until sausage is browned and crumbly, about 5 minutes more. Drain and discard grease.
- Combine ricotta cheese, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, pesto, Romano cheese, lime juice, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and lemon pepper in a small bowl. Spread over the pie crust. Sprinkle the sausage mixture over the cheese mixture. Arrange zucchini and walnuts on top. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until crust is browned, about 30 minutes.
talian Sausage Ricotta Pesto Pie, recipe