- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 pound tilapia fillets
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh button mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Heat olive oil with butter in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the garlic. Place fish fillets in the skillet; sprinkle the fish with salt and pepper, and cook for 90 seconds. Turn the fish; season with salt and pepper, and cook an additional 90 seconds.
- Add the mushrooms, capers, and wine. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer until the fish flakes easily with a fork and the wine is reduced by half, 6 to 7 minutes. Remove the cover, pour in lemon juice, and cook for one minute.
Tilapia Scaloppine, recipe