- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 large onion, diced
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers (such as RO*TEL®)
- 2 green tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 pinch dried basil
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds tilapia fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in diced tomatoes, green tomatoes, capers, basil, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until flavors combine, about 5 minutes.
- Season tilapia fillets with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add tilapia fillets; cook until flesh flakes easily with a fork, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a serving platter.
- Pour lemon juice into the skillet; swirl to pick up browned bits off the bottom of the skillet, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Pour over fillets.
- Spoon tomato mixture over fillets before serving.
Tilapia with Green Tomato Tapenade, recipe