- 1 pound tomatillos, husked
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 serrano chile peppers, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, or to taste
- 2 cups water
- Place tomatillos, onion, garlic, and chile pepper into a saucepan. Season with cilantro, oregano, cumin, and salt; pour in water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until the tomatillos are soft, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Using a blender, carefully puree the tomatillos and water in batches until smooth.
Tomatillo Salsa Verde, recipe