- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a 9x5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang over 2 sides.
- Combine butter, white sugar, brown sugar, vanilla extract, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer until fluffy. Beat in flour. Beat in eggs one at a time, scraping the bowl after each addition. Pour batter into a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 45 minutes.
- Lift cake out of the loaf pan using the overhanging parchment paper. Place on a wire rack and cool completely before slicing, about 30 minutes.
Ultimate Butter Pound Cake, recipe