- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vanilla-flavored soy milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Beat shortening, brown sugar, white sugar, and vanilla extract together in a large bowl until smooth. Mix in soy milk until well combined.
- Mix flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg together in a separate bowl. Pour over the sugar mixture and mix well. Fold in oats, walnuts, and raisins; cookie dough will be thick.
- Scoop out tablespoon-sized balls of dough and drop onto cookie sheets. Press down slightly to flatten cookies.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges are golden, 12 to 15 minutes. Cool on the cookie sheets for 2 minutes before removing to cooling racks.
vegan oatmeal raisin cookies, recipe