- 2 cups milk
- 1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 3 cups sifted unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Warm the milk in a small saucepan until it bubbles, then remove from heat. In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine milk, yeast mixture, butter, salt, sugar and flour. Mix thoroughly with rotary or electric mixer until batter is smooth. Cover and let stand at room temperature overnight.
- The next morning, stir beaten eggs and baking soda into the batter; beat well.
- Spray preheated waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray. Pour mix onto hot waffle iron. Cook until golden brown.
yeast waffles, recipe