- 3 cups coarsely shredded zucchini
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1 large egg
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons seafood seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Place grated zucchini in a colander; sprinkle with salt and let stand 30 minutes. Press with paper towels to remove as much liquid as possible; zucchini should be fairly dry and reduced to about 2 cups.
- Mix egg, zucchini, bread crumbs, green onions, bell pepper, seafood seasoning, mustard, mayonnaise, and red pepper flakes in a large bowl. Form into 8 patties, 3 to 4 inches across.
- Heat oil and butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Fry patties until golden brown, about 4 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels.
Zucchini Cakes, recipe