- 1 teaspoon butter
- 4 cups grated zucchini
- 2 cups white sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups ground walnuts
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- confectioners' sugar, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a large loaf pan with butter.
- Stir zucchini, sugar, 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla extract together in a bowl.
- Combine flour, walnuts, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Gradually stir flour mixture into zucchini mixture until combined. Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 60 to 80 minutes. Let cool in the pan, about 30 minutes. Dust with confectioners' sugar.
Zucchini Kuchen (Gorgeous Zucchini Cake), recipe