- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 3 cups grated zucchini
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Lightly grease and flour three 9-inch round cake pans.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, white sugar, and salt. Mix well.
- In another bowl, beat eggs, vegetable oil, and 1 teaspoon vanilla together. Pour into egg mixture into the flour mixture and mix well. Stir in the shredded zucchini. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake in preheated oven until a tester inserted into each layer comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Allow cakes to cool in pans for 10 minutes, then invert onto a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
- To Make Frosting: Beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add the confectioner's sugar, a little at a time, and beat until smooth. Stir in 2 teaspoons vanilla. Spread between cake layers and stack to make a 3-layer cake.
zucchini cake, recipe