- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 large zucchinis, sliced
- 8 egg whites, divided
- 3 cups ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 cups tomato sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium baking sheet.
- In a shallow, medium bowl, mix bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, garlic, basil, and oregano. Set aside 2/3 cup of the mixture.
- Place 2 egg whites in a small bowl. Dip zucchini slices in the egg whites, then coat with the bread crumb mixture. Arrange coated slices on the prepared baking sheet, and bake 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, until lightly browned.
- In a medium bowl, mix ricotta, parsley, and the remaining 6 egg whites.
- Spread 1/2 the tomato sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Layer with 1/2 the zucchini, 1/2 the ricotta mixture, and 1/2 the mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers, and top with remaining bread crumb mixture.
- Bake 45 minutes in the preheated oven. Serve warm.
Zucchini Parmigiana, recipe