- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 pounds chicken wings
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh garlic
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 Thai chile peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 habanero peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 yellow wax peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 red chile peppers, seeded and chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in deep-fryer to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
- Cook wings in hot oil for 15 minutes, turning occasionally. Drain on a paper towel-lined dish, then transfer to a shallow baking dish. Broil in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, turning once.
- Melt butter in a medium stock pot over medium heat. Stir in hot sauce, garlic, jalapeno, Thai chile, habanero, yellow wax, and red chile peppers. Reduce heat to medium low and cook for 15 minutes, or until peppers are softened. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and pour over wings, turning to coat. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), and continue baking for an additional 10 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes, and enjoy. Be sure to have plenty of water handy!
Andy's Five Pepper Chicken Wings, recipe