- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 (5 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and diced
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- Knead together the sesame oil, soy sauce, garlic powder, ground ginger, onion powder, pepper, ground beef, green onion, and water chestnuts in a bowl until evenly combined; form into four patties.
- Heat the peanut oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook in the skillet until the burgers are cooked to your desired degree of doneness, about 5 minutes per side for well done. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
Aromatic Asian Burgers (Abalos Style), recipe