- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 pastry for a 10-inch deep-dish pie crust
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 (2.8 ounce) can French-fried onions
- 6 ounces shredded Swiss cheese
- 5 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 green onion, chopped
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir asparagus until slightly tender, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Press pie pastry into a 10-inch deep-dish pie pan.
- Combine asparagus, eggs, milk, half-and-half, French-fried onions, Swiss cheese, Cheddar cheese, and green onion in a bowl. Pour into prepared pie pastry.
- Bake in the preheated oven until center of quiche is set and a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Allow to stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Asparagus and Swiss Cheese Quiche, recipe