- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/2 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 cups uncooked jasmine rice
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 2 teaspoons curry powder, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 saffron threads, or to taste
- 4 dashes cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 3 cups chicken stock
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat olive oil and butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook celery, sweet onion, and garlic until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Combine rice, green onions, raisins, curry powder, salt, saffron, and cayenne pepper in a 9x13-inch baking pan; stir well. Stir in the celery mixture and chicken stock. Cover pan tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until rice is tender, about 35 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes; fluff with a fork.
baked rice pilaf, recipe