- 4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 1 (3.5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (9 inch) pie crust, baked
- 2 bananas, sliced
- Place heavy whipping cream and half and half cream in a mixing bowl. Whip with an electric mixer, starting on low speed. Add ice, and continue mixing for about 5 minutes. Add pudding mix. Increase to medium speed, and mix another 5 minutes. Turn mixer to high speed, and mix until pudding is very stiff.
- Line bottom of pie crust with one banana, sliced. Fill pie shell with filling until level with top, using about half of the prepared filling. Top with slices of second banana. Pile on the rest of the filling, shaping with rubber spatula to form a high center cone; the higher the pie, the more spectacular. Refrigerate at least 1 hour until thoroughly chilled.
- To serve, top each piece with freshly whipped cream and a few slices of banana for garnish.
Banana Cream Pie, recipe