- 1 (12 fluid ounce) bottle amber beer (such as Honey Brown Lager®)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce, or to taste
- 4 (3/4 pound) venison steaks
- Whisk together beer, soy sauce, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, salt, and hot sauce in a bowl and pour into a resealable plastic bag. Add venison steaks, coat with the marinade, squeeze out excess air, and seal the bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 days.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat, and lightly oil the grate. Remove steaks from marinade and shake off excess. Discard remaining marinade.
- Cook steaks on the preheated grill until they are beginning to firm and are hot and slightly pink in the center, about 7 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 140 degrees F (60 degrees C). Allow steaks to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Beer Marinated Deer/Elk/Moose Steak, recipe