- 1 cup canola oil
- 3/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco®)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup tomato-based chili sauce
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 pounds peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 16 skewers
- Whisk together the canola oil, hot pepper sauce, garlic, chili sauce, lemon juice, and oregano in a large glass or ceramic bowl. Add the shrimp and toss to evenly coat. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and marinate in the refrigerator 1 hour.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Remove the shrimp from the marinade, and shake off excess. Discard the remaining marinade. Thread about 4 shrimp onto each skewer.
- Cook on the preheated grill until pink on the outside and no longer translucent in the center, about 3 minutes per side.
Best BBQ Shrimp Ever, recipe