- 2/3 pound uncooked elbow macaroni
- 10 ounces extra-sharp Cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1 1/2 cups hot milk
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 small onion, cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add macaroni and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain well and pour into prepared casserole dish.
- Meanwhile, place the Cheddar cheese, hot milk, flour, onion, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, salt, mustard powder, and garlic powder in the bowl of a blender. Blend until cheese is melted and onion is finely chopped.
- Pour cheese mixture over macaroni. Sprinkle top with wheat germ and Parmesan cheese. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
Blender Macaroni and Cheese, recipe