- cooking spray
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound lean ground pork
- 1 (24 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Cheese Layer:
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 (12 ounce) box no-boil lasagna noodles
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Coat the inside of a glass 9x5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef and pork in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease. Mix spaghetti sauce and brown sugar into beef-pork mixture until sauce is well blended.
- Combine cottage cheese, blue cheese, Parmesan cheese, egg, and oregano in a bowl.
- Spread enough sauce into the bottom of the loaf pan to reach 1-inch depth. Break 2 lasagna noodles to fit the length of the loaf pan, slightly overlapping. Spread 1/2 of the cheese mixture over noodle layer. Layer 3 slices provolone, slightly overlapping, over cheese layer. Sprinkle 1/2 of the Cheddar cheese over provolone cheese. Repeat layering with the remaining ingredients ending in a layer of sauce.
- Place the loaf pan on the prepared baking sheet and top loaf pan loosely with a piece of aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bubbling and cooked through, about 1 1/2 hours. Let stand for 15 minutes before slicing.
Blue Cheese Lasagna, recipe