- 1 1/2 pounds ground pork
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 (16 ounce) cans baked beans (such as Bush's® Country Style)
- 1 cup barbeque sauce (such as KC Masterpiece® Hot 'n Spicy)
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 cups baking mix (such as Bisquick ®)
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup shredded medium Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon barbeque sauce (such as KC Masterpiece® Hot 'n Spicy)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat a Dutch oven or heavy oven-proof pot over medium heat. Cook and stir pork in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir onion, garlic, salt, cayenne pepper, and black pepper into pork; cook until onions are translucent, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Mix baked beans, 1 cup barbeque sauce, raisins, and Worcestershire sauce into pork mixture.
- Whisk baking mix, buttermilk, and egg together in a bowl until smooth; pour evenly over pork mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until biscuit topping is golden brown, 40 to 45 minutes. Sprinkle Cheddar cheese and mozzarella cheese over topping and drizzle 1 tablespoon barbeque sauce over cheese. Bake until cheese is melted, 3 to 5 minutes.
Burien Bisquit and Baked Bean Bowl, recipe