- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chile peppers
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (8 ounce) can whole kernel corn (no salt added), drained
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease. Transfer beef to slow cooker.
- Stir kidney beans, diced tomatoes, stewed tomatoes, green bell pepper, green chile peppers, chili powder, garlic, sea salt, and black pepper into the ground beef.
- Cook on Low 5 1/2 to 7 1/2 hours. Stir corn into the chili and continue cooking 30 minutes more.
Busy Day Slow Cooker Chili, recipe