- 1/2 head cauliflower, cored and cut into small florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 pound fettuccine
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add cauliflower to steamer, cover, and steam until tender, about 20 minutes. Cool cauliflower until cool enough to handle, about 15 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir shallot until translucent, about 10 minutes. Pour chicken stock over shallot; cook until heated through, about 3 minutes. Remove skillet from heat and cool, about 15 minutes.
- Stir cauliflower into shallot mixture; blend using a hand blender until sauce is smooth and silky. Season sauce with salt and pepper.
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil. Stir in the fettuccine, bring water back to a boil, and cook pasta over medium heat until cooked through but still firm to the bite, about 8 minutes; drain.
- Toss pasta with sauce in a bowl until evenly coated. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over pasta.
Cauliflower Fettuccine Alfredo, recipe