- 1 (13.5 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 2 (12 ounce) jars macapuno strings in heavy syrup
- 2 1/2 cups sweet rice flour (mochiko)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a 12x17-inch rimmed baking sheet.
- Beat condensed milk, coconut milk, and melted butter together in a large mixing bowl until combined. Add eggs, 1 at a time, and beat until combined. Add macapuno, 1 jar at a time, and beat until combined. Gradually beat in mochiko flour. Beat in brown sugar; beat in vanilla extract. Pour batter onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until top is golden brown and sides are slightly dark brown, 45 to 50 minutes.
- Allow to cool, about 20 minutes, before loosening the sides and cutting into squares.
chewy coconut bibingka (filipino rice cake), recipe